Tazqia Aulia Zahra
Priangan (Bandung) since the VOC era has been a fertile area known as a producer of export commodities, especially coffee. During the forced cultivation system, in Priangan there was compulsory cultivation of coffee plants known as Preanger Stelsel. The transfortation of coffee in brought from Priangan to the nearest port, namely in Batavia (Jakarta).
Bandung Station was completed and inaugurated on May 17, 1884, Ied by archaeological architect, Jan Willem Ijzerman. Bandung Station has a distinctive art deco style. The part of the building that is preserved is the main building hall with the dominant stained glass on the building façade. As for the design of the new building façade, it refers to the characteristics of the art deco style.
The hallmark of the Bandung station building is the lunettes stained glass on the façade of the Hall building. The lunettes on the façade of the hall consist of five small lunettes made of tin glass which is dominated by clear blue and white colors. The white glass is rectangular as the basic shape, while the blue one has the shape of three, rhombus, and rectangle as ornaments.
The old building of Bandung station is dominated by massive planes, with horizontal, barred windows. On several sides of the building, at the top, there is also a vertical longitudinal window. There should be horizontal stripes on the building façade in a different color than the wall color. While the platform is dominated by a saddle triangle shape, with add a canopy on both sides that extends.